Monday, April 16, 2012

CROCHET AND SOUP IS THE BEST MEDICINE

I have been absolutely pooped this week.
Thought it might have been just an overload and a few good night sleeps and all would be good.
Unfortunately not!
My throat feels like it has razor blades inside of it and my nose is red raw from blowing it all day long.
I had big plans for heading to Perth Brown Owls Sunday afternoon, was oh so looking forward to it.
Anyways,
what more is a sick girl to do but throw a big pot of veggie soup goodness on and 
sit and crochet.


This is one of those chop it all up and throw it all in kinda numbers.
Firstly I sauteed onion, garlic and a leek.
Then threw in the chopped carrots, potatoes, celery, zucchini, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and capsicum.


Added lots of water, a can of crushed tomatoes, lots of freshly cracked pepper, a great big shake of mixed herbs and some Buddah's Brew Seasoned Salt.


I let that simmer for a while and then about 15 minutes before serving time, I added
  • a can of lentils, rinsed
  • a can of chikpeas, rinsed
  • some freshly sliced beans, and
  • about a cup and a half of freshly rinsed quinoa
and Wah - Lah!
The most delicious chunky veggie soup, EVA!
And, even better, I have enough left over for dinners throughout the week.

All of this was followed up with a crochet chaser!


Just what the Doctor would order I reckon!
Mx
More awesome veggie dishes here!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, a girl after my own heart! Comfort food and craft can always lift me out of the doledrums. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, it's lovely to hear from you.