Sunday, April 22, 2012

ON THE HOOK

I have a few things on the hooks at the moment and 
loving every stolen minute I can find 
crocheting up a storm.
The past week was a little quiet with the crochet as my head was full of the flu
and I felt dreadful but, am slowly feeling better and the energy levels are certainly increasing
so this is what I am working on at the moment.
 This is going to be a blankie for my youngest.  
Unfortunately he has decided he wants to live with his father and we miss him terribly, so this is the start of a blanket for him, my version of a hug 
as I can't always be there to give him one in real life now, 
 he can wrap himself up in it over winter and keep himself cozy and warm 
and know that I am thinking about him always!
My first 2 bullseye squares, 
they are a little tricky and take a bit of thinking, 
hence why not much has happened this week as my head was too foggy for thinking.
But loving, the colours and how awesome they look once finished.
And....
The beginnings of a ripple blanket,
rippling is just so therapeutic,
it is so, so portable and I love that I can ripple without thinking too much,
great for when I am stuck in traffic jams or bored at the traffic lights,
and I have even been known to ripple at the footy!
I love to ripple!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colour scheme of the blanket for your son! He will love his special wooly hug. I am tempted to start a ripple blanket. In fact I have bought a stack of wool to begin one but just haven't yet, I'm having too much fun with small projects that actually get finished sooner rather than MUCH MUCH later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to ease the sadness of a moving son and also send him with something practical but filled with love. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, it's lovely to hear from you.